The Scottish Gender–Based Violence Research Network links researchers working on gender-based violence and connects them to practitioners through the VAW Prevention Network.
Our members include academics, research students and professionals in women’s, children’s and LGBT organisations across Scotland. We run regular events on issues from domestic abuse to youth work and evaluation. The network and its members adopt a gender-based analysis in which all forms of violence against women are identified as a cause and consequence of broader gender inequality. This approach is consistent with the Scottish Government’s definition of violence against women.
The Network aims to:
- Promote debate, collaboration, and good practice sharing between academics and practitioners;
- Improve prevention work by expanding VAW prevention professionals’ and activists’ knowledge of current research;
- Provide VAW prevention professionals with opportunities to build expertise in conducting, and applying relevant research in project work and lobbying;
- Inform academic research by improved academics’ knowledge of current prevention work.
How to get involved:
- Join the Gender Based Violence Research Network JISCMail group to share information with other network members and hear about upcoming events: just click this link and follow the instructions to sign up.
- Add yourself to our directory of researchers to promote your work and allow others with relevant interests to contact you. Fill in this short form to apply, or just browse the directory.
- Access a wide range of research and reports in our research library.
- Contact us to add your own research or any other relevant work.